Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheapest, Fastest, Doing Fine

2/24/2010 8:57 AM – 9:17 AM

I’m trying to remember all the things that I have to do today. There aren’t too many. Since I haven’t started running yet, I’ve got an hour and a half of free time. I have to schedule a doctor’s appointment. I guess they ignored the email. Download last night’s episode of Lost. Work on editing the novel. If I finish by the 28th, I get to do Scriptfrenzy.

I sat this morning and considering that I realized halfway through that realized that the volume was turned down on my computer and so I would have to keep looking to see the end instead of having it just jump out with a “ping!” it went well. For some reason, I woke up last night just as my computer was restarting after an update instillation. Not wanting to be startled awake by the start-up sounds, I turned the volume down. Of course, the headphones were plugged in, so I didn’t need to. But I was only half-awake anyway, so it made sense at the time. The novel edit is going weirdly. I am somewhat concerned with the fact that I’ve only noticed two sections that really need work.

For something written so fast, I expected there to be a lot of deep, serious reworking that needed to be done and I am suspicious of the fact that I’m not finding them. Ah, well, this is only the first edit and hopefully, I will find them in the second edit. Or, better, I will discover in the second edit that it’s fine. Now that would be awesome. And suspicious. Very suspicious. Yesterday went well, the kid at work that irks me only managed to do so at the very end of the night. I have discovered that it is important to eat breakfast on the days that I lift. Well, eat breakfast or not wake up until a little bit before it’s time to exercise. My stamina faded after the first four or five sets. And I need to consider re-arranging the order a little more. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to pay off the Houghton loan by sometime in April. It might require the delayed rent thing that Ben said I could do. Then we’ll see. I’m thinking that, at this point, it doesn’t matter what degree I come out with. After I pay off Houghton, just find what credits will transfer and then pick a degree based on that. Cheapest, fastest. In case you were wondering, it’s very gray and a little snowy outside and the trees seem to be doing fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home