Friday, March 19, 2010

Running, Poo and Meekness

3/19/2010 11:31 AM – 11:52 AM

I went running forty-five minutes after I woke up today. That’s a good way to do it. I wish that I could be getting up earlier but it takes me a long time to fall asleep after I get home from work. One of the people in my department quit last night. Not my crew or shift, but I don’t know how they’re going to work out filling in the gaps.

The down-side of running that soon after I wake up is that I only have the chance to make my initial poo. I have two poo’s in the morning: the initial poo and the substantial poo. On the way back to my house on my run with only a block or so to go, I almost had the second poo. But I didn’t. I made it home and all was well. Hopefully, my body will adjust. I just finished sitting. I haven’t sat for about four days, but I’m up to fifteen minutes. After about ten minutes, the mind starts to calm down. It’s a pleasant feeling. I feel a bit fuzzy though. That’s not the best thing for my job. Whoosh. My job. I’m starting to want a new one real bad. They’ve got me hooked with the medical insurance though. How do I go without it, now that I’ve got it? Even though they’re most likely going to be making a lot more money off of me than I’ll get in return.

If I wasn’t paying for insurance, my second loan would have been paid off by now. Not that I realized that until after I’d started buying insurance. Habituation again. And my strength training is starting to feel drab, despite the fact that I’m still not quite to the solid know-what-I’m-doing level. I’ve started looking at new exercises though. Considering that I can’t even do one real pull-up, I’ve been considering pull-ups. Maybe a whole body-weight routine, but body-weight exercises are limited in some areas. So maybe mix-and-match. According to my scale, I’ve been putting on weight. But there are always those fluctuations in body-weight. That’s why you’re supposed to only weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day. But I’ve got the scale now, why not use it? Because it’s not really informative. I know this. What is meekness? I was talking to my brother about this a long time ago. My brother said that meekness was something like a solider with a BFG treating a crowd with kindness as he passed through it. I said it wasn’t like that. I said it was more like a person without any kind of G passing through a crowd knowing that that crowd could tear him to shreds at any second. But maybe my brother was right. I don’t know. I was just thinking about it while I was supposed to be just counting my breaths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home