Tuesday, December 08, 2009

First Day Portents

12/8/2009 10:31 AM – 10:52 AM
Well, today is the first day of the new project and I’m not sure about the normal world problem that’s supposed to be an echo of the fantasy world problem that the novel presents. And I woke up late. And I’m supposed to go to the bank and get the rent since it was closed by the time I got there yesterday. And I ate all the soup last night so I don’t have any for lunch today. It was good soup.

The project is 65,000 words in 50 days. That was actually accidental. I was just figuring out how long it would take to get to 65,000 words if I was writing 1500 words a day, except for one day a week when it’s only 500 words. Also, I gave myself only 500 words on holidays. It ended up being 50 days exactly. Synchronicity. And they say the age of magical thinking is dead. Wow. I want to sleep. Sleeping is awesome. Yesterday, I slept until 11:30. I couldn’t fall asleep the night before, so it only ended up being 9 hours, but now my body thinks it should be allowed to sleep until at least 10:30. Habituation. This is one of mankind’s saving/damning thingies.

Maybe I have an idea about how to give the hero a real-world problem… Anyway, maybe I won’t even get to it today. Though I probably should. I think YA stuff you need to get to the action pretty quick. This will be weird. No explicit violence, no swears, no sex, what is there to write about if not those things? Ah well, I’m sure it will make for an interesting 7 weeks. And I can’t think of things to write about and I’ve got five minutes left. There is my wart. I don’t know how I could get a wart, five days a week I spend at least four hours a day with my hands in semi-caustic chemicals. The sky is overcast. At the moment, there is some pale yellow that kind of looks like a frozen lightning bolt down in the far corner of my window. When I was waking up, which took two hours, the sky was all red-tinged. I kept thinking “red sky at night, sailor’s delight; red sky in the morning, sailor’s take warning.” Also, “hey, that looks like New Mexico.” It’s always red sky there. No, not really. Only in the morning and evening. Sailors are confused. Especially since I’m not sure what a sailor would be doing in the middle of the high desert. I just went down to put in the second load of wash and discovered that all my work pants were in the bottom of the basket. Dress pants to wash dishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home