Thursday, December 03, 2009

Welcome Back to More of the Same Old Crap!

12/3/2009 9:30 AM – 9:51 AM

Okay, alright, being up and awake. For a while now. I guess that I’m not going to start Apophenia. That will remain there on the hard drive, waiting for me to pick it up again. No. I’m going to start my children’s fantasy. We’ll see how that goes. I’m not sure, though. Maybe it will end up being something else. I haven’t actually started it.

It’s mostly cloudy outside. There’s this very bright strip of sunlight all along the horizon. I’m recovering from last night – I spent about six hours at work pissed off. Spike doesn’t spend more than an hour pissed off. It was stupid. A Perfect Storm of dirty dishes – pastry piled it on, retail piled it on and there was a little bit of crap left over from the morning shift. I still got out fifteen minutes late, which is right on time for me. There are things that you learn after a year at a job about how to cut corners. You just can’t do it every night or they’ll catch on. The only thing that was obvious that I neglected was the giant puddle of muddy water around the sink. I was too pissy to realize that that would need to be cleaned before I left. When I got home and calmed down, I knew it, but it was too late by then. I’ll probably get a smart-ass comment about it when I go in today.

Oh, fugbutter. Let it go. I know, I know. On to today. I have so much crap to do around the house. Most of it can wait until Sunday, but I’ve run out of some items. I’ve been washing with shampoo for about a week now. Hmm… I could just take the foaming soap from the bathroom sink. That might take it a few days longer… I trimmed the beard yesterday. Right after I took the picture of my NaNoWriMo Beard for my facebook profile pic. It looks good. Hair is still all crazy though. Yeah, this is good. The odd thing about my six hour tantrum is that it was even possible. It wouldn’t have been a few months back. Longer than an hour, and my thoughts would have drifted to the pointlessness of being in a world where we can’t really know anything about God, which would have led to a panic attack. So a six-hour bad mood was a good thing. Yeah. That’s what I’m going with. We’ll see how it goes today. Today, I start something new. That’s always a good thing. Can I finish it by January 26th or so? Yeah. Probably. If I don’t do a lot of crap that I need to. Actually, before I started this new writing binge, I was letting crap slide. I just need to schedule in some housework time. Schedule. Yes. Schedule. The clouds are going by. I need to print out a new calendar. Yes. And work on a new schedule. Is the time up yet? Nope. Still a minute to go. I can’t think of anything more. Here are some words: improbable. Unlikely. Unknowing. Swine. Flu. Tyranny. Tyrannous. Rex. Good-bye.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jonathan said...

Yeaaaaah! Egoooo!! Whooohooo!! Oh how I have missed thee!

December 3, 2009 at 9:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger Spike said...

Let the mopiness return!

December 4, 2009 at 5:42:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home