Friday, May 23, 2008

With Tummy Aches and Politics

05/23/2008 6:48 AM – 7:10 AM

And how long will it take for the tummy ache to leave? At what point do I actually go and see if there might perhaps be something that requires magic pills to fix it? Expensive magic pills. What would the Stoics do? Would they go to the hospital and accept the large debt as the inevitable or would they sit home and accept the annoying pain as inevitable, perhaps believing that it’ll clear it up on its own?

Another few days. Money is a dear commodity. As Willow said: “they cherish their most prized possessions: their possessions.” Lovely day out. Cloudy but not dark. A little chilly but not out and out cold. Apparently the crazy/bum/bully that harassed Stephen in front of the apartment a few weeks ago was at it again this morning – yelling at someone that wouldn’t fulfill his demand, “Just do it! I’m not a bum! I’m not a bum!” Crazy bums are crazy. And this one’s a bully too. Why can’t we carry tranquilizer guns? Because Big Mother loves us more than we ever could. I could just punch him in the lip but then he could sue and I don’t think God likes it when we disappear people.

But that is not the better thoughts that wake us up and embiggen us to make real the day. That my logic does not command is well documented. That my emotion does not convince is likewise noted. But my stubborn nature and quietly raised left eyebrow has been shown to anger on occasion. That my speech is slow unless silly and my thoughts muddled unless re-rewritten does not always belie a mind devoid of much-reasoned opinion. Ah, well, neither red nor blue yet have the camps at ready. Though when which-ever side actually builds them, I’m sure that the other will sight it as a reason for their revolution. And then, when empowered, promptly adopt them for their own purposes. Either way, I’m pretty sure they’d have a nice warm cot waiting for me. But I am prone to delusions of grandeur. Whether it is fear or love that is sighted, power is the power to put people in camps. But it has always been that way and the fall of Rome wasn’t felt by those that lived there, just the historians five-hundred years later. Whether the world is waxing or waning, we must wait until we’ve long been dead to discover – lovers will still love, those that morn with still morn, those that are happy will still be happy and those with a tummy ache will still wonder when the appropriate time to see the doctor is.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love the word embiggen - it's a perfectly cromulent word.

Also, are you eating any veggies or fruit?

May 23, 2008 at 5:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Spike said...

I'm only eating about a cup (cooked) of veggies and an equal amount of fruit, but I am getting about 110% of my daily recommended amount of fiber. I'm really big on fiber. Bloated, almost. Maybe that's it: I'm eating too much fiber to poo.

May 23, 2008 at 7:46:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You CAN actually consume too much it'll stop up the works. I've dealt with the rigors of a constipated child, so um, be warned, if your system backs up enough, you could spike a fever and start upchucking. At that point, you are just going to have to buckle down for that icky enema. (sigh) ...being a mom has given me the "privilege" of knowing way too much gross anatomical functions.

May 23, 2008 at 11:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Spike said...

The tummy trouble has passed (literally) and I did not have to resort to the ummm... e-word. I drank about two gallons of water in one day instead. So. No e..., just pee. Ha! I'm a funny.

May 25, 2008 at 5:13:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home