Monday, July 24, 2006

Which Is to Say, Work and Stop Worrying


07/24/2006 5:46 AM – 6:09 AM

You wake up again and forget the worries. Worrying does nothing. There is this thing that is awake and working. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with everything, forgetting that which is not which you are doing. Drink your drink in the evening; eat your lunch at lunchtime. Enjoy what is right here. Right here is all there is.

Tomorrow will come tomorrow, if it comes for you. And there will be a day after that, if there is one for you. So wake up and forget that which is worrying. Can you change what you are worrying about? No? Then forget it and get on with the business of being alive right here. That is enough. That is all the advice that you really need. So. So look out the window. Look into your mind where the parts of the story are scattered about. Pick them up and find how they go together today. When did they cut off the branches of the tree down the road? It takes some getting used to, but it’s still alive. Looks a little silly, but what wouldn’t?

So then, there it is. The day is outside the window. Wake up and work. Some days you will need to be that pirate bastard and it will be enough. Today, you don’t need a label and that is enough. Let it go and move on to the next thing. Breathing is the base nature. So breathe. When the car lights move across the desert road, you see only the flickering of the reflective strips. Where are you going? The story is the work. The work is the point. What is love? Baby, don’t hurt me. Don’t hurt me, no more. That’s as good an answer as any. This is enough. Forgetting those things which aren’t here, we make up a few things that don’t exist. This is the work. The work is the point. The clouds behind the trees, how will they look in black and white? This is enough. When we saw the orange in the sky, we know that another town was fast approaching. When we saw the orange in the sky, we knew that we were approaching another town. The work is to make it less literary. The work is to take it down to the bare bones and tell the tale. Laughing, we can see that the point is merely to entertain. Doesn’t matter what they did. They aren’t here. I am. Yar.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when I was at your house last week, while you working, I took a seat in your chair to view the world throught the eyes of spike. While I was looking out the window I saw this building with what appeared to be a tree growing out of the roof. At first I thought it was just an optical illustion, then I realized it wasnt and just had to stare for a minute. I wanted to walk closer and check it out but I was too lazy.

July 24, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Spike said...

Nope. It’s an optical illusion. It’s a really tall tree growing in back of that building. It used to have a lot more branches but they trimmed it and now it looks like a dandelion. A really damn big dandelion.

July 25, 2006 at 3:19:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Shit. I really wanted it to be a tree growing out of a building. I am just going to pretend that it actually is. It's silly and I like it.

July 25, 2006 at 7:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Spike said...

"Here are some links that I believe will be interested" - "interested"? If you're gonna frikin' spam me, at least try using proper grammer. Hmmm... wait, are you saying that the links will be interested in my blog? Wow! Links not just with AI but with interests? Sweet! I'm gonna go see... Nope. Donkey Friker.

July 31, 2006 at 1:28:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

August 8, 2006 at 8:17:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

August 9, 2006 at 8:33:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home